To help them make an informed choice about whether or not to come for breast screening, all women receive a leaflet, 'NHS Breast Screening: Helping you decide' with their invitation. The leaflet explains the screening process, and the benefits and risks of breast screening to allow women to make a personal decision about whether to attend.
In other languages NHS Breast Screening: Helping you decide.
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
- About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- Digital Mammography/Tomosynthesis
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links