Second All Breast Cancer Report
This report includes details of all breast cancers diagnosed in the UK in 2007. In addition to tumour and cohort characteristics, it focuses on surgical treatment and in particular how this varies with age, deprivation and route of presentation.
NHS Breast Screening Programme Statistical Bulletin (England) 2011 - 2012
(February 2013) (opens in separate window)
This report from the Health and Social Care Information Centre presents summary statistics for the breast screening programme, including coverage, overall screening activity, invitations and uptake, and cancers detected.
The latest annual review of the NHS Breast Screening Programme including the following UK statistics.
- Screening activity of women of the age of 50 years old
- Acceptance analysis
- Screening quality
- Screening in women age 71 and over
- Biopsy use
- Treatment of screen detected cancers
- Immediate reconstruction surgery
- Regional and age-related breakdown
- Outcomes of self/GP referrals
- Standardised detection rates (by region)
ABS Breast Screening Audit 2011 - 2012
An audit of screen detected breast cancers for the year of screening April 2011 to March 2012
Statistics relate to:
- Analysis of screen detected breast cancer
- Non-operative diagnosis and use of diagnostic open biopsy
- Pre-operative assessment of axilla
- Surgical treatment and tumour size
- Waiting times
- Hormone receptor status, lymph node status, invasive grade and NPI score
- Surgical caseload
- Repeat therapeutic operations and neo-adjuvant therapies
- Adjuvant therapy
- Survival analysis
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
- About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- Digital Mammography/Tomosynthesis
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links