Breast Screening Results from the NHSBSP 2012/13
This report was produced by the Centre for Cancer Prevention at the Queen Mary University of London. It provides UK-wide statistics on the NHS breast screening programme for the year 2012/13
- Number of women screened
- Acceptance by type of screening
- Outcomes of prevalent screens
- Outcome of incident screens
- Outcome of short-term recalls
- Outcome of self/GP referrals
Second All Breast Cancer Report
This report includes details of all breast cancers diagnosed in the UK in 2007. In addition to tumour and cohort characteristics, it focuses on surgical treatment and in particular how this varies with age, deprivation and route of presentation.
NHS Breast Screening Programme Statistical Bulletin (England) 2011 - 2012
(February 2013) (opens in separate window)
This report from the Health and Social Care Information Centre presents summary statistics for the breast screening programme, including coverage, overall screening activity, invitations and uptake, and cancers detected.
ABS Breast Screening Audit 2013 - 2014
An audit of screen detected breast cancers for the year of screening April 2013 to March 2014
- NHSBSP home page
- Programme publications
- About breast screening
- What is breast screening?
- What does the NHS Breast Screening Programme do?
- What happens at a breast screening unit?
- Why are women under 50 not routinely invited?
- Are women screened over the age of 70?
- Screening women at higher risk
- Does breast screening save lives?
- Does breast screening have any risks?
- Digital Mammography/Tomosynthesis
- Research in breast screening
- About breast cancer
- Programme logistics
- Frequently asked questions
- Programme statistics
- Mammography equipment reports
- Programme news index
- Useful links